6 Things I've Learned + Goals for 2016

Monday, January 11, 2016



This past year has been a wonderful year of growth for me. Joe and I had so may great adventures that I have shared in previous posts and I have learned so many things this year as well. As each new year approaches, I get a little excited inside because I always like to set goals for myself and look back on the previous year. I am excited to share a few highlights of what I learned from 2015 and what I'm striving for in the new year. Cheers to a new year!

Six Things I Learned in 2015:

1. Happiness comes from within - Happiness can be achieved through experiences, relationships and beliefs but true happiness comes only from within. So many people search for the answer to why they aren't happy and try to derive it from outward things. Look inward and explore your dreams and innermost desires and you will naturally become happier.

2. You create your own future - Yes, you have a plan, you have a purpose but you create your own future based on the choices you make today. That shouldn't make you afraid, rather joyful instead - Realize that you have the power to ultimately create your destiny.  You have the ability to dream, think and do . . . What is your manifesto? It is up to you to create a life that you love!

3. You are not fat if you don't fit into _______ size jeans - There are SO many different body types and sizes - short, tall, skinny, slim, straight, curvy, etc and we have been "taught" that if you don't fit, you don't belong. The thing is though, is you are wonderful - exactly as you are. You are to be celebrated and if you don't happen to fit in a certain pair of jeans, there is no reason to get upset with yourself. Clothes are mass produced and manufactured in a way that isn't always natural and sizing is not always accurate. Beauty is within and if you confidently carry that, no one will be able to see anything other than how great your butt looks in those jeans ;)

4. You can find creativity in everyday life - I work a full time "office-type" job and I have a pretty predictable routine. I am still learning how to challenge myself to find the creativity in all of that, all the time. The mundane tasks of life often feel boring, useless and soul-crushing but if you are actively inspiring, innovating and creating within that - that is so fun and so beautiful. I always used to tell people, "If you're bored, you must be a boring person."

5. Fear will hold you back if you let it - Fear has the power to kill you! But only if you let it. Fear will always be there - You can deal with it by acknowledging it but by then putting it in its' place. Fear should have only a small part of your life and you should not live your life in fears. If something makes you happy, do it. If you allow your fears to decide your fate, you are hurting yourself. Put all of your faith in love instead of in fear and negativity.

6. It is okay if you don't have everything all figured out yet - Don't wait until everything is "perfect" to do something. The truth is, nothing will ever be completely perfect. I say, if you are feeling passionate about something or want to do something - just do it. You will feel happier and you will be more authentic because the growth you're about to jump into will shine through, People like transformations and watching people's daily lives more than they like to see a finished product. You always should find joy in the journey - especially since oftentimes there actually isn't a destination - it's the growth in between that matters the most.

Six New Goals for 2016:

1. Stop saying 'When' - My biggest goal/obstacle currently is to replace my 'Whens'. I always catch myself thinking or saying "When _____________ happens, I will be happy." That is a scary, slippery road to go down. I have found that when I have a negative thought, thirty more negative thoughts follow it. Then oftentimes, I get a real-life crap storm as well. Instead of saying "When I'll be happy", I am replacing it with "I am happy now because ___________". Remember, you get to create your own manifesto - so make it a good one.

2. Speak love, light and goodness into my life - I am a huge advocate for positivity. It is okay to sometimes feel sad but if you are always depressed and feeling sorry for yourself, your life won't be very joyful. You should be a walking beam of love, light and goodness. Not only does that mean that all of it will be manifested and given back to you but it also means that you will create a life you love, creating your own happiness. If you catch yourself and flip your thoughts into always good ones, do you know how easy it will be to make this habit become a part of you?

3. To take better care of my body - Basically all I eat is junk food and that's definitely not good. I am striving to take better care of my body by making healthier choices because I care for my body. It's the only one I've got and I want to make sure it lasts. I want my body to feel good inside and out.

4. To seek out inspiration and stay inspired - Being a creative type is such a huge part of who I am and staying inspired is so vital to that. When I am inspired, I feel alive! I feel like I can take on the world. I have so many great ideas and I feel like I can change the world. Everyone has creativity in them, even if they've never tapped into it. A new year means a whole new year of endless adventures, chances, experiences and opportunities just waiting to happen. There are 354 days left of this new year and I plan to make them all great and special in their own way.

5. Explore things I want to explore / Do things I want to do - I find that I often care too much about what other people think about me, my choices and my life. Doing that too much or doing only that is not good - By allowing myself to care about others' opinions more than my own, I am hurting myself. I am in a very good place in my life right now but I have seen people who basically let others dictate how their life should go. I have seen people not do things they are passionate about because others thought it was a silly or stupid idea, so they continue doing whatever they're already doing, so they don't have to hear the judgement from others. I will make my choices based upon my own happiness, not based solely on others' happiness.

6. Nurture my passions - When I get into something, I tend to feel very passionate about it. There are a few things that I have always been extremely passionate about and I am excited to take care of and grow those this year. In particular, I have always had a passionate for photography - I just love snapping photos and creating life lasting memories moments you'll never get back. I also want to get into playing my guitar again - I have slacked off this past year and playing makes me so happy. Another I've found recently, is Blogging/Writing. I didn't really know how to categorize this one because it's not all about blogging but more of sharing. I have been reading some really great books and have been learning some awesome things that I can't wait to share. I have already started sharing with others around me as well as on here, but I want to help inspire others and help others find their own passions. To live a life you love, dig into your passions and dive into what inspires you and you will be amazed at how happy your life will soon become.

Thank you so much for reading! I cannot wait to see what the new year holds for us all. What are some of your goals for 2016? I would love to hear them all!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I N S T A G R A M - @ t a s h a w a r r e n